Not sure about you, but we have carved a lot of pumpkins this October! I the weather has just been so great and we would use any excuse to be outside. So what to do with all of the pumpkin seeds!
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
1. Cut a hole on the top of your pumpkin and scoop out all of the seeds, place on a tray.
2. Pull out any of the large pieces of pulp and string, put seeds in a bowl of cold water. (excess pulp will fall to the bottom and good seeds will float.
tip: (This is easiest just after you've removed the seeds from the pumpkin, before the pulp has dried.)
3. Place the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake at 325 degrees F until toasted, about 25 minutes, checking and stirring after 10 minutes.
5. Let cool and store in an air-tight container.
|...place on a tray|
..pull out any of the large pieces of pulp and string
|...excess pulp will fall to the bottom|
|My hubbies pumpkin|
yep, this one is mine!