Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vintage Steel Tanker Desk…found it!


I have a new project, I found a great deal on a single pedestal tanker desks. I’m going to attempt to refinish it.  Reading up on the best way to do it I found some great room designs, check it out my vision… 

It was love at first sight…I can see the potential under the rusty exterior.
So ever since my hubby and I went to L.A. to visit his brother and sister in-law I’ve been obsessed. Jessica introduced me to this great little retro shop, only problem was I couldn’t get the desk I wanted on the plane. Jess suggestion…your next blog should be a piece on Mad Men style offices, I’ll be taking notes!  http://www.glamournest.com/




 
I’ll post before and after photos when I’m done!

3 comments:

  1. I know why it's called a tanker. This thing weighs 100 tons. Now I want a beast of a chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a tanker similar to the second photo. My brother used to call it a huge oven until I customized and painted it. Perhaps that’s one reason why I love stainless steel utensils – they are durable and flexible during renovations. :]

    - Carl Patten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to know what your desk looks like now. One just landed on my lap at work. It was headed for the recycling bins. It caught my attention right away and I had to have it. Now, I'm going to refinish it and ironic part is I work for metal fabrication company.

    ReplyDelete